Thursday, 8 April 2010

upgrading mobile handsets


Thursday morning's commute
Originally uploaded by maakusan
OK, so I've had my eye on the new Sony Ercisson Xperia X10 for quite sometime. Great phone and it comes with Android operating system, 8megapixel camera that does automatic face recognitions so you don't need to tag people in your photos it does it itself, oh and it's also got a 1Ghz snapdragon processor so it's fast as the proverbial.

but...

a friend of mine
http://www.myspace.com/162940578
when i got my current phone out he asked if it was mine. you see, it's black and he remembers me with my old white mobile.

the x10 comes in white

but...

only on Orange and they don't like me and I don't like them.

so while I am looking to import a white x10 handset from Japan I am trying to make the most of the phone that I have, my black sone ericsson w960i.

and i am actually really satisfied with how it is performing. this photo is A-MA-ZING! i took it with my phone while i was still sleepy on my commute to work. and it came out this good and i posted it straight online from the phone!

true, the x10 would have made it even easier for me to do all of this, would have automatically geo-tagged the photo too...
but look what my w960 managed! i'm chuffed to bits. it is making me think twice about forking out £500 for the new x10 in white. however, i am always reminded to get a new handset each time my w960 needs recharging, which is about 2, nearly 3, times a day now :(

could get a new battery instead but the new x10 is tempting.

in the comments to this blog post, please tell me of any experiences you may have had ever importing a handset from japan to the UK?

No comments: